Friday, 20 August 2010

Say cheese . . .


It's quite wet and windy here today so a perfect day to be stamping. My favourite stamp at the moment is Stampotiques' Moongirl, and I was thinking the moon is made of cheese, so I used an old Dairylea cardboard tub, obvious really. I used one of the new Scroll Works stamps for the inside edge bit and acrylic paints on fabric for the background.
This make is a bit unusual for me because a: it's circular and b: it's 3D. I was inspired by my own lack of round things I've made and a challenge at Gingersnaps Creations, GC67 Go 3D, to make something 3D.
Hope you like it and thanks for looking.
Sam x

9 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous and the carton lends itself to the piece. Great colours !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, a fab project and a great bit of recycling too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and I love your moon girl stamp.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bit of package upcycling, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations 3D Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I have a couple of tubs like that and you've given me some fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this! What a brilliant idea, and a perfect use of that sweet moongirl stamp. I'm so happy you shared this over at Gingersnaps-- it's the kind of art that just brings a smile to one's face. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and I love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x