Sunday, 31 October 2010

Look into my eyes . . .

. . . not around my eyes. 'The Day of the Dead' is the challenge at Sunday Postcard Art this week. This challenge was a challenge and in the end I had to google The Day of Dead to find out exactly what it is all about. It would have been easy to get my Stampotique stamps out or do something a bit gory without researching. It is a Latin American Holiday when families gather to remember and celebrate absent/dead loved ones. So I am glad I did my research as this chap looks very happy even though he has no body . . . I have decided I rather like it so have entered him in the Halloween Competition at UKStampers too!
Hope you like it, thanks for lOOking, Sam x

11 comments:

  1. What fab fun.......brilliant

    Thanks for the exp of day of the dead too, I had no idea either xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab postcard, Sam - I love the colourful decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sam. I think you got the idea perfectly. Your happy guy is just in the right mood.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! Stunning postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, it's so colourfull.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very special and wonderful piece, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab postcard Sam - very much the spirit of the Día de los Muertos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is amazing Sam! Psychadelic!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. He doesn't look just happy, he looks hippy. Great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great drawing. looks like a happy skull!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x