Friday, 26 November 2010

A stitch in time. . . GC78: Sewing Notions

I am so not a sew'er! I opened my sewing box for the Sewing Notions challenge at Gingersnaps Creations and I really didn't have a lot to work with as you can tell. So I had to put my brain into gear and think . . and think . . of something sewy (not a real word I'm sure). A stitch in time saves nine kept going round in my head and wouldn't leave so this was what I worked with. The question usually asked is "saves nine what"? The stitch in time is simply the sewing up of a small hole in a piece of material and so saving the need for more stitching at a later date, when the hole has become larger, the first users of this expression were referring to saving nine stitches.

Then to photograph the finished piece, that was another challenge to show the colours of the sequins etc. I think it turned out ok in the end considering I was standing in my garden at 8am and it was really cold!!

I do hope you like it, thanks for lOOking, Sam x

12 comments:

  1. Fancy standing outside at 8am in this freezy weather.......how brave is that.
    Smashing and original crafting. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly did a great job and nice and bright (as I am sure it was at 8AM lol

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Sam. Great photograph well worth the effort the pins look smashing. Hope you didn't get too cold. Have a great weekend. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, Sam! Love your Stitch in 9 theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ccollection of sewing images- great design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant bright piece Sam! The lengths we go to get a good photo, eh?! Was -3 here this morning! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab art work Sam - i love the little text "help" lol that would be me sewing !
    never knew what a stitch in time saying meant , i do know - thanks hun
    love
    maddy

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Sam, you are dedicated, standing in your garden at 8am - lol!!!!

    You've made a great card from the bits and bobs in your sew box, lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun and creative, well done you

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really love this, it is so inventive and different and fun. fabulous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fab piece of art love all the detail so much to look at

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fab! And I absolutely love to hear about how you came to the concept of your cards! Please keep telling us, I am fascinated by your mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x