Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Thought I was going pop . . .

. . . with excitement!! I stayed up late especially to blog tonight, I can't find the bit of techno wiz that enables blogging whilst sleeping! I am so pleased and feel completely honoured to be a Visiting Artist at Gingersnap Creations for December with a new Theme Challenge of Snow People.
Let me introduce you to Bob, he used to be a CD until I covered him with PVA glue and glitter. I resist embossed the white snowflakes with Broken China distress ink. Bob's coal, black sparkly brads, did cause me a bit of bother. I really needed to cut the legs of the brads and not having done this before I decided that BIG scissors would be perfect for the job, they did do the job well, but I did myself a mischief!!!
So the glitter would show nicely for the photo I took it outside on Saturday morning at 8am, it was -10 degrees!!! Bob cost me blood, sweat and shivers but I think he's really cute.

I must take this opportunity to say I really enjoy Gingersnap Creations, I check it out everyday and blog hop, sorry if I don't leave comments always. There are so many talented artists out there. I do admire many pieces of work, paticularly where there are lots and lots of layers and depths, I struggle to get that into my art. I often look at something I've made and think 'crikey, a 7 year old could have done that and it took me hours!!'.
Hope you like Bob? Thanks for lOOking, Sam x

7 comments:

  1. Many congratulations Sam. What a lovely surprise. :) & so well deserved.xx
    Love Bob. Hope you are keeping warm & safe. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Congrats on being a visiting artist.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your visiting artist stint! Bob looks great - really cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam he is too cute with his carrot nose! Congratulations to you also for being a visiting Artist at Gingersnap Creations! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Congrats on being a Visiting Artist!! Well done you!
    This is an adorable card! And it better be after all you went through to make it, lol!
    xoxo karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x