Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Snow, Pine and Mahogany . . .

. . . is the challenge at Gingersnaps Creations. As one of Decembers Visiting Artists this is my submission.

The green background is Peeled Paint distress ink, which I used bleach to stamp the snowflakes. The snow the bird is standing on tissue paper, pva glue and glitter. This is the first time I used the bird stamp, which Leslie, a friend in Chicago very kindly sent over for me.

Talking of snow, hope you are all keeping warm and well and thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
Wishing you all a very happy Christmas and a wonderful 2011!

Sam x

8 comments:

  1. Ooh love your bird. One of the nicest I've seen. :) Great card. Love the colours. Best wishes. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! My favourite colour, & I love the bird! Happy Christmas Sam & Ozzie!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colour scheme love the bird sits so perfectly in the lovely quiet background you have given it. Fabulous work, Happy Christmas XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stuff, the bird is fantastic as is the colour !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the bleach effect, still not tried that, great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab Sam, love the colours xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fab card Sam! The colour is great and as usual your sense of design blows me away!
    Merry Xmas and have a Crafty and Creative New Year!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, Sam! Love it! Great use of bleach with the snowflakes too.

    Thanks for being a Visiting Artist with us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x