Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Fashion and flowers on the moon!

Whilst walking Ozzy yesterday for some reason I kept thinking about when I was a little girl in the garden with my dad and his telescope looking at the moon. We used to spend hours looking at the moon till we felt like our heads were going to fall off backwards! I remember thinking about flowers on the moon and how could I get there, I had seen Dr Dolittle with the Lunar Moth and thought 'Wow! That's how I'll get there!' Anyway, I couldn't find a Lunar Moth so grew some wings and went to see the flowers on the moon, picture above!

This also goes to two challenges this week, the fab Take a Word and Three Muses! The girl stamp is by Suzi Blu.

Hope you like it, thanks for taking time to look, have a great day, Sam x

16 comments:

  1. How beautiful, love the images and the colours, great take on this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! Looks simple but it's not. Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and the story is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo Sam.. what a gorgeous creation. Beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing take on the theme. Glad you got to go to the moon :)

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and a lovely story, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've blended the two challenges beautifully, Sam. I enjoyed the accompanying story of you and your Dad. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your story about sprouting some wings of your own and going to see the flowers on the Moon. Now who wouldn't love to do that. I love your very distinct drawing style. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours and I love the idea of flowers of the moon

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just wonderful, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card Sam! The colours are lovely and I love your use of the Suzi Blu stamp! And the card is made all the more special with the story from your childhood!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Samantha, thankyou for the very big smile and the inspired idea of combining the Three Muses and Take a Word challenges. The result is absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about it - especially the original idea and design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x