Friday, 18 March 2011

Panties . . .

Having a young pup in the house is really making me discipline myself in many ways and one of those ways is finding time to craft! My very special friend Robert is 70 something next week so I made this hand stamped card for him. It seemed to take on a life of it's own after I have decided that 'art' doesn't have to make sense. I've always tried to keep things orderly and with a story or explanation but have decided to let things hang out . . . and not make sense, does that make sense?

I'm linking this to the Take a Word challenge where the theme is Architecture

Poppy update: She is sleeping through from 11pm till 6.45am, in her crate next to my bed. She is a very cute pup and very well behaved, toilet training is taking a little longer than expected, Ozzy had it sussed in a couple of days. I shall be able to take her for walks next week, hopefully that will burn off some of her energy! Many thanks to all who have asked about her.

Thanks for taking time to have a look at my stuff! Sam xxx


17 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC card Sam. I just love colours :) I was only looking at this sentiment last night thinking how could I use it! & you have..BEAUTIFULLY.. I agree about it not needing to make sense..the best kind of art if you ask me as it's so relaxing :)
    Great news about Poppy. Wishing you all a super weekend.
    Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Gez, this is a fantastic card!! Your Poppy is adorable, good luck with the training. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colourful card, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic 'stuff' Sam! I absolutely love it! The colours, the sentiment, the stamping on book pages, everything makes it a brilliant piece of art! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Sam and glad you're letting yourself go, so to speak.

    I think you're right, once she's able to go out and discover the big wide world out there, and have a good chase around with Ozzy things should soon fall into place. Hope so anyway!!!!

    Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam, just found your blog, gorgeous card, I love it.

    Rose x

    PS - your doggies are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your "naîve"card, the colors are fantastic!!
    Great art work

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely cute card Sam. Thank you for posting at Take a Word this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even tell you how much I love this. I'll be smiling all day, just thinking of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card again with your little cutie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card... she's one of my favourite stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not making sense makes perfect sense to me , love your creations this one is superb. Know how you feel with your puppies I have two and last night they ate a challenge entry that took hours to do !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who said art has to make sense!! The most important thing is how it makes one FEEL. Your artpiece is uplifting, colorful, cheerful, cleverly designed and gorgeous. What more could we ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little stamp is adorable, especially how you have used the flower for a bit of modesty!
    Great colours and I love that it is "arty". You are right, doesn't have to make sense!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally love it! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x