Sunday, 17 April 2011

A Quiet Place


I know that this is very similar to the card I made for Ray but I was really sad to part with the card so I made myself this 8in x 8in canvas this week. I'm absolutely loving the techniques I'm using at the moment, making lots of layers and textures. There are glossy accents and glitter and all sorts on here that unfortunately don't show up on the photo. This was also quite an interesting project because stamping on canvas can be tricky where it's not supported underneath, so in some areas I used a book underneath and others I stamped on tissue paper and pva'd the image on the canvas, which worked really well and a method I shall definitely use again.

I couldn't resist but enter it in to the Stampotique Challenge this week because I went to town on using old book pages!!

Hope you like it, thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, have a fab day, Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely Sam! Lots of yummy layers and colours! I can see why you would want to make this for yourself!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute. Thanks for playing over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours...and looks SOOOO textured I wish I could stroke it!!! FAB!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous piece Sam! Lovely layers & texture! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful colourful card! Thank you for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fab!I love all the textures and layers to it.just want to touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rainbow look of it and the flowers. Great job on the challenge, thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely canvas, mostly because you made it just for you! Love the colours used. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great layering and techniques! Thank you for joining us at Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. LOVE all the details. Thank you for joining in with us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Sam. Love the colours you have chosen. It will look stunning on your wall. Just wondering if the little dog is Poppy looking for more fairies! :) Beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x