Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Would you like to swing on a star?....

.... carry moonbeams home in a jar.... or would you rather be a fish?
I recently organised a Altered Sardine Tin swap over at UKStampers and this is my effort. It was inspired by the Bing Crosby song as it was a favourite of mine when I was a little girl when me and my dad used to spend time looking at the moon and stars with his telescope. We used to lay on the ground so we wouldn't get neckache and make up our versions to the verses of the song... bet you'll be singing it all day now!! This was my first sardine tin project and I really enjoyed it so I'm sure there will be more...... shame I don't eat fish though!

Thanks for visiting, enjoy your day, Sam xxx

7 comments:

  1. Ooh! This is fabulous art Sam! Wish I'd spotted that swap! Thanks for the birthday wishes!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant altered sardine tin Sam, I love it.
    xxx Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tin transformation Sam

    Sam xxx

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous work, love the memories it recalled

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great altered tin, love your take on your inspiration song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tin! Just had to include your girlie :) BRILLIANT.xx

    Yes...... the song is in my head!! hehe..xx

    What wonderful memories..thanks for sharing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam, that's lovely :) I can save you sardine tins if you want (I'll dishwash them 1st to get rid of the pong! The dogs have them every day - I bet Ozzy and Poppy would like them too. Only 39p a tin in Lidl's ;~) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x