Sunday, 5 June 2011

Thank my lucky stars!








I'm once again honoured to provide the sample piece for Take A Word. This sample measures 5 x 7 inches and I challenged myself to not use bright colours! Those of you familiar with my blog will already know I have a bit of a 'thing' about the moon and stars. For once I'm quite pleased with what I've made, aren't we our own worst critics? I've now reached the point when I no longer make art for other people but share with people the art I make, I'm much happier doing this and I think that's why I'm enjoying what I'm doing... because now it's personal. This sample takes me right back to when I was a young girl in the garden with my dad and his telescope, we spent hours and hours looking at the moon and stars. We would sing and chat and imagine what it's like on the moon and how we could get there, how many stars are there...... that kind of thing. Anyway, I remember I asked my dad if he could make a really, really long ladder, that would work!

So I really hope you like my sample, thank you for taking the time to have a look. Enjoy your day, Sam xxx




22 comments:

  1. Beautiful sampler - makes me want to reach for the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mixed media piece! Beautifully done, and a special example for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous,gorgeous sample,Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Samantha...what a great example picture...Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so beautiful! All those elements are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam this is so cute - a great piece of work for the Stars theme - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am luckier than most because I have had more time to enjoy your artpiece. I love everything about it, especially the clever design (stairway to the stars!) and the gorgeous, vibrant colours. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely magical!! and such a lovely memory to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sweet! wonderful elements, like the plants at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A delightful wall-hanging Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous hanging, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This wall hanging is adorable, Sam--very creative. Thanks for the memory of you and your Dad:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful sample, Samantha, and a gorgeous hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful theme and this wall hanging is such a beautiful example of originality and creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great collage piece and a great memory with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely Sam, I love the little girl image and the ladder up to the moon :-)

    Great sardine tin too!

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty indeed. Great colours. Love the text paper. Very clever artwork. Love it!

    Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How did I miss this?! It's beautiful Sam! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x