Thursday, 4 August 2011

Heaven's Door

I was inspired to make this after watching the film 'The Lovely Bones', I won't say too much about the film so I won't spoil it for anyone who has yet to see it. I have always been fascinated by life and the afterlife, and we've all lost someone. I like to think they go to heaven and watch over us.
I even got my shrink plastic out! It's been hidden away untouched for about 2 years but it was just the job for heaven's door....
and flowers... I also have some exciting news, I was invited to be the August Muse on Gingersnap Creations! So pop over and have a look at the fab art work and challenging challenges.

Wishing you a wonderful day, Sam xxx









7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the afterlife thing-it's an intriguing concept.Love this,the background's lovely and the shrink plastic door is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Love the texture on the clouds, & the little door is gorgeous Sam! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great piece, Sam! I'm so glad you are joining us this month at Gingersnaps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always amaze me with your ideas! What a sweet piece of art this is! Love the shrink platic door and flowers!
    xoxo
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say Congratulations!!!!! I will pop over to Gingersnap Creations and keep an eye out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Sam. Congratulations on being chosen for the August Muse.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats that you're are our Muse. I love that Heaven's door is a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x