Monday, 5 September 2011

oo ar oo ar

I've got a brand new combine harvester and I'll give you the key!


I just can't get that song out of my head now, (click on the picture above if you don't know it), it was a huge hit when I was little and was the first thing that I thought of for a postcard swap where the theme is autumn.




I began by stamping the background with distress inks, where would I be without them? Secondly adding the image, an image I love then spreading beeswax all over and stamping into the molten beeswax with the 'an autumn day' seal stamp. Finally once cooled I rubbed a little burnt umber acrylic paint in to the stamped seal and let it dry a little before buffing the whole thing, it smells gorgeous!




Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous postcard, I remember the song and now it will be in my head all day.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very autumn-y postcard Sam! As always your colours are spot-on!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x