Sunday, 23 October 2011

In The Pink

Every one is at it . . . art journalling that is! So I thought I would give it a try. I didn't really like putting my thoughts on paper, some of them were not nice, (I have very noisy neighbours!). But my partner, Ray, writes poetry. So I thought I would use poems instead, luckily some of Ray's poems are inspiring, here's one.

I really enjoyed making this 5in x 7in canvas board, and making all the layers, 7 or 8 of them, that's a record for me!
I absolutely adore Moongirl!
and those mushrooms are amazing!


Lots of the stamps were designed by Jo Capper-Sandon for Stampotique, fabulous!

I think I may have to practice neater hand writing!

I hope you like it, thanks for looking and I hope you have a great, smiley day, Sam xxx














10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it.The layers are gorgeous and I like that there's a bot of each one showing through.Moon Girl as always looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Sam! I really love the colours, well all of it actually! Lol! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, like your art journal page! Lots of layers make a great page! Nice poem too! You used very beautiful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this page- wonderful images and love the colors- and the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sure are Sam, apparently it's the new black - lol.

    Love what you've done with yours.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fanastic page, love the background colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Sam - fabulous colours and images.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors .. beautiful art !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!!! Lots of layer-y goodness going on here! Love that you have used Ray's poetry, you two make a great team!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. her glitter wings are the SWEETEST!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x