Sunday, 18 March 2012

Me and My Girl

Another 8in x 8in canvas featuring myself and my best friend or should I say partner in crime, Poppy.
This canvas was inspire by the quote, which was engraved on the inside of an 18th century ring.
I'm loving layers at the moment and there are lots!  I don't want to teach anyone to suck eggs but if you click on the pic you can see them better. The lady is a Suzi Blu stamp, and I promise if I were slim I would wear outfits like that, just loving her red shoes!
It didn't come out as well as the last beeswax canvas I did, I think maybe I got glue where I shouldn't have but it's by making mistakes we learn, so I guess I'll be making lots of mistakes ;o)
Wishing you a happy Mothers's day, Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous Sam! The background is amazing! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL re partner in crime Sam, great canvas and fab bright colours

    sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is darling Sam.
    So wonderful coloring and work. Love it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fantastic, love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page SHINES! Full and colours..and love.

    But Poppy is black, you're cheating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Sam, brilliant colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous canvas Sam!! Oh my, I do love Suzi Blu and you have used this stamp to its full advantage for sure! You have such an eye for colours!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. and I forgot to say, the quote is soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I had legs like that I would wear stripey tights like that! Lovely canvas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x