Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Beeswax Happiness

Okay, I'm still reading Suzi Blu's book over and over and practising face shading with my Prismacolor pencils but I had to do something to cheer myself up, something really bad happened yesterday but I won't dwell.
Anyway, when I first flicked through the book I fell completely in love with a little beeswax creation featuring a lovely little pink bunny. I hope you get the book so you can see. I have copied the lay out and colours that Suzi used in her original but I've replaced the bunny with one of Suzi's Gigi stamps from Unity and changed the words to suit what I needed today.
It very much represents Poppy, pink for a girl, and when I met her she had the most amazing blue eyes.
I adore her, we play together and we're happy.
This is just what I needed today.

Hope you like it too, wishing you a love filled day, Sam xxx

12 comments:

  1. She has such a wonderful expression Sam. Hoping you are having a better day today. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Sam, such lovely colours. I hope you are ok.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely piece, great beeswax effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience yesterday Sam.

    Glad you found something to cheer yourself up. Love the blue eyes.

    Sam sss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow wonderful play with beeswax. I love this medium. I will play also with them.
    Gorgeous work.
    I hope you have a better day my dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam, beautiful beeswax art, the little pink bunny is adorable, hope you are ok now and having a better day. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must mean that you received your copy! Woohoo :o) xxx

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous Sam, love it, the colours are lovely.

    Hope you are ok now,wags and licks to you and Poppy from my 3 doggies :-)

    Love, Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that often our art has the real power to cheer up a little bit.

    I wish you a very nice and warm weekend with your furry 'editorial' assistant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your beeswax Gigi canvas!! I'm sorry to hear that something bad has happened. I do hope you are okay!? It's good you have your art as a kind of therapy/escape from the bad stuff.
    Take care my friend and feel free to PM me if you want to talk :)
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet & adorable, I love it Sam! Glad that making it cheered you up
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great project Sam. I have the book but not attempted anything yet. Gotta get some blending sticks for my prismas.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x