Thursday, 14 June 2012

The Cube

Here in the UK we have a TV show called 'The Cube' which inspired this make about 6 months ago and it's been sitting on my microwave ever since. I thought it was about time I did something with it and share it, so when I saw this weeks challenge theme at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog  I couldn't resist.
It's made with 2.5 in square memory glass and is held together with melted embossing powder. 
All the characters are shrink plastic and of course I couldn't resist using Head, he has to be one of my favourite Stampotique characters, thinking about it, probably joint favourite with Moon Girl. The challenge was to use a stamp more than once, here I've used the mushrooms twice and floral flutter 5 times.
Can you spot Marci lurking in the background?
Thanks for visiting my blog, wishing you a great day, Sam xxx

20 comments:

  1. what a very cool box! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I'm blown away - how fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "box", it must be beautiful, to live under
    a mushroom... :-))
    Have a great day,
    Henny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby creation, love the scene you created in there! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Sam this is a fabulous creation, loving the story in the box, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a great idea. C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so very clever Sam, there's so much work in this. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG how great is that Sam ???
    So wonderful idea and the work is a dream.
    Love them.

    Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wondeful piece, Sam! Thanks for joining us at SDC 56!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super make, Sam! Once again, I am very tempted to have a go at one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sam, this is fantastic, love how you have made the little box with the memory glass, beautifully soldered and all those little guys inside are fab. Such an original piece of art. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your creativity and ingenuity Sam, such a clever 3d piece.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. this piece is absolutely fantastic, what a great way to use memory glass, I bought some years ago and have been wondering why ever since - thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant Sam - very creative, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun and clever project! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW fabulous project! Love how you used all the different stamps. Thanks for joining us at SDC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x