Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Alter It!


Alter It, is the theme set by Polly for this week at the Stampotique  Designers Challenge blog
 My fingers have been itching to play with my new Moon Garden Stampotique stamp.
I began by covering an old book page with a very thin layer of gesso and stamping the image. I then coloured using Inktense pencils because I know when the colours are dry they're not going to go anywhere. I hand drew the border and stars and coloured the stars with a white Sharpie pen. I wrote the details and then covered my Moonshine label with beeswax and distressed by scratching and putting some paint in the scratch marks and giving it a buff to remove excess paint and make the label shiny.
May be after drinking some of this a ladder may not be required to reach the moon!
I do hope lots of you join the challenge this week,
Wishing you a lovely, creative day, Sam xxx

17 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Sam, I love your shiny label! I've not seen this stamp before, - how on earth did it get by me lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - love the stamp and if you manage to drink that you definitely won't be needing a ladder to reach the moon (looking at the proof I'm wondering if it's bottled rocket fuel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, such a cute idea. And now I'm thinking I may "need" some Inktense pencils, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! And such an appropriate book page too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moonshine sounds just what I need right now, real cold please. Love your label, such a great design.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute, love the "label" on the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic bottle Sam.
    Wonderful design. Love them.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just love how it all works together: the stamps, the colors, the shapes,... yummy!

    france xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this image and love how u have used it! great idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, bright, quirky and totally you Sam, I adore it and I'm looking forward to many more of your stampotique creations. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful and jolly is your bottle altered.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  12. This bottle is really fantastic! Now I need the moon stamp......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x