Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Autobiographical in Nature

This weeks challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge is set by the very talented Sarinda, and she chose the theme 'Eggplant Hues'.
As the title suggested this is autobiographical and I won't dwell, I think my canvas says it all! There's nothing like art to express yourself and help heal yourself.
I began by stamping the lady and dog on thin copier paper and embossing Daniel's hearts with white powder and gluing them on to the canvas. I then painted as you can see and used the Paris Postcard on the 'ground' for some details and stamped the Floral Swirl in black and 5 Petaled flower in black and white. I added the sentiment and then covered the whole thing with beeswax, then I scratched it with an old knife and rubbed some oil paint all over to complete the distressed look, finally I buffed it with a soft cloth.
I think it's worth a double click to get a closer look as I'm really pleased with how it turned out. 
Below is the photo that Sarinda supplied to give us our colours, they're not normally colours I would chose but I'm sure I'll chose them again in future.
So there you are, we lay down the gauntlet for this week, hope to see you join in the fun.
Wishing you a love day, Sam xxx

20 comments:

  1. Sam this is fantastic.
    Great journal page.
    Love the stamps.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas! Love it! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam I am just lovin what you are creating for Stampotique. This is fabulous, such rich colours, great techniques and an incredible out come. Go girl.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great canvas Sam - you've captured the colours perfectly.Polly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful canvas, great sentiment! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job with the egglplant hues sam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam... I love that you used wax. Wishing you a brilliant day, Darling.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific page loving your fab design, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. FaBuLouS darling Sam, love your handwriting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card, wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about your canvas and anything with a dog takes my eye as I am a dog lover, your sentiment really made me smile, it's great xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popping back to say thanks for your kind words on my new DT position, I really appreciate it.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so fantastic, love the background you created and of course those stamps are fab. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! And i agree with you about the closer look, so texturized....ok ok even the quote!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love the texture and the colors. Great canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Actually love the colours although, like you, not a palette I would normally choose. Great canvas Sam and apt sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x