Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Heads up for a Blue Moon!

(the big Stampotique blog hop starts here)

I love all of my Stampotique stamps, and some I'm yet to own, but I do have a couple of absolute favourites and Head is one of them, this little chap is just so lovely and versatile, you can do so many things with him!
For this weeks Stampotique Designers Challenge, Jane has given us a colour challenge of 'Mustard, Navy and Orange'. This really is a great challenge because it made me think really hard, I try to avoid thinking hard most of the time, but once in a blue moon is ok.
So here is my canvas it's 5in x 7in and is finished with some distressed beeswax, one of my favourite things to do to bring elements together and make things smell gorgeous.
It's worth a click to see the details if you have time.
Stampotique stamps used are a mixture of old and new and are: Flying Heart, Great Moon, Heart Vine, Head and 5 Petaled flower.
Here's a random fact for you: Blue Moon was first recorded by The Boswell Sisters in 1935.
I do hope you like my canvas and join in with the challenge.
Wishing you a day filled with love, Sam xxx

19 comments:

  1. Wow Sam this is great.
    Wonderful page and the stamps are great.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...... without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own - or something similar lol.
    Fab canvas and great details Sam.
    Have a great day.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great canvas Sam and mmmm beeswax :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creation, great design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Sam, I need to get out my beeswax now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Sam :) I have only done beeswax once..loved it, need to do it again- awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Moon and Head are on my wish list to be sure. I think your canvas is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smashing canvas Sam............you have now got me singing that song.....Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your canvas is beautiful Sam! Can't believe the song is that old! TFS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, Sam! That flying heart has captured mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your canvas, really. And very cute inspiration !... I never tried to use beeswax for my part, it's probably a pity !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love your canvas - the smell of Beeswax mmmm - never tried this so must check it out. Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful canvas, love the images you paired together. I need to break out the heart with wings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x