Wednesday, 24 October 2012

A girl and a dog with lots of glitter . . .

. . .  sums up my life! 
 My goodness it's Wednesday yet again! Quite simply time for another challenge theme at Stampotique, this weeks host is the lovely Jenn and she is inviting us to use a creation by one of Stampotique team as inspiration for a creation of your own. I'm not going down the debate route for this post, it is actually quite a challenge to take something you really like and make it your own.
As soon as I saw the theme I immediately thought of this tag, (below), made by the ace Jo Capper-Sandon a little while ago, I totally fell in love with it. I began by simply taking the elements of Jo's make, the Jill Penney stamp and lots of bling! 
As you can see my creation is nothing like Jo's, I've actually made a hinged ATC, using some balsa wood and hinges, I gave the wood a white wash, stamped Daniel's Hearts on both sides, glittered accordingly and added the stamped images, Jill Penney, the word 'Love' is from Tall Word Collage and the dog is part of Thinking of You, just love Stampotique dogs!
I personally think it must be quite nice to feel that you've inspired someone to make something pretty.
Who knows, hopefully there will be lots of wooden, hinged ATC's out there soon!
Wishing you a fantastic day, Sam xxx 
and Poppy says 'woof' x
You can get the little hinges from here!

17 comments:

  1. Wow both are really really shimmering :)
    Wonderful work and stamping Sam.
    Love them.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bling! Think you will find it at your home for weeks ;-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And this idea is brilliant, Sam! I have the balsa and the hinges at home, I fell in love with your idea ( just needed more time, looking forward for some Christmas holiday...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam, fantastic, so bright and cheery perfect antidote to today as it is so gloomy. Love the idea of the hinged ATC.XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not normally into glitter but these look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the theme Sam - love it

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific idea Sam and loving both of them. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab version of the tag Sam and how perfect for you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all that glitter and the pink/teal colors just POP right off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your version and love the hinged ATC - great idea. Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't normaly do glitter but I think I'm going to have to dig out my glitter from it's hiding place as these are fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pink and blue version, and I think my two little girls would really love it too, they adore glitter and pink hi hi !!!! I's really cute Sam ! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and tag, love the glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabby Sam. Just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous idea and beautifully executed.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Sam. You inspired me and I've had heaps of fun with your little cubes!!! Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x