Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Ha Ha Ha'lloween

 Happy Halloween Day!
I honestly can't believe we've come to the end of October, I'm sure each year goes faster than the previous one, I'm starting to feel old, lol.
It's Wednesday and of course that means another fab challenge at Stampotique, this weeks host is the adorable Astrid and the task she is setting us is to create something 'Funny for Halloween'.
I chose to use a canvas, my favourite well..... canvas for working on and the inspiration came from the lastest Artemis Fowl book, an absolute must read series of books if you love fairies and adventure with plenty of action and they are completely unpredictable, for me anyway! 
The top picture is worth a click to read the quote, blogger wouldn't let me get it any bigger. As usual I finished the canvas with beeswax and distressed by scratching and painting.
Another of my favourite things to do at the moment is to take a creation and edit it, I use PicMonkey, it's really easy to use, trust me, if I can use it, it's easy. I thought this section of the canvas looked even more spooky like this.
By the way, these owls look just like bats if you hang 'em upside down.
The stamps I used are: Head, Line Up, Swirl Stalks, Owl Tree, Stella's Hat and Tree
Wishing you a very spooky day, Sam xxx

15 comments:

  1. AWESOME canvas!!! Love your black/white detail photo too. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Sam, love it and I love it edited too! Happy Halloween. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Sam, his head really made me laugh! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scene, love the variety of stamps and your sentiment is too funny. Love your owl tree photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, also the digital piece looks fab... a bit spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam, ha ha, so funny, only you could a Halloween canvas adorabe, love this the colours are superb, such a fabby canvas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great saying Sam, really made me smile. Love the canvas and the wax, the spooky black pic works really well.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fun halloween canvas - it's fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! So much to see, great use of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Great jokey hallowe'en canvas Sam and so clever. Love the edited version too.
    Hope your back is a little easier x
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your creations give me a true and great joy Sam. Love this one too, just very funny !!! And hem, what is beeswax? Dont know yet this product, is it a finishing one for canvas ?... Have a fab Sunday, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it Sam, so funny and you're right, those owls look very spooky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heee Heee.... and some more giggles.
    xx
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Sam, looks like you had great fun! Thinking of you, take care Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x