Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Me, scrap? Oh go on then!

 This weeks challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge is hosted by the fabulous Jo Capper-Sandon and the theme is 'Scrap It!'.
Very, very rarely do I do any scrapbooking so after I had finished panicking I reached for one my most favourite photos of Poppy, I have many favourites!! and then reached for a canvas as I've never scrapped on a canvas before. Of course the first thing I did was turn it round the wrong way and then I attacked it with as many layers as I could, I also challenged myself to not go crazy with lots of colours and I'm really pleased with the finished canvas, here's a close up of the layers and textures.
Don't forget to enter the challenge for a chance to win a $30 gift certificate at Stampotique Originals!
I now have the urge to do more scrapping...... 
wishing you a lovely day, Sam and Poppy xxx

18 comments:

  1. Oh what a sweet LO.
    So so lovely.
    Sam your work is gorgeous.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you've done highlights the photo of Poppy beautifully.Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous photo of Poppy, she looks so proud sitting on this beautifully layered and textured canvas. You have done a great job my friend.
    Hope your week is going well.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondreful layout, love the colours and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun canvas! Love how you used the other side! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. You scrapped and it's so lovely ! Hope you give yourself the chance to make more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this piece, it's stunning. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab Sam. Poppy is such a cutie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little doggy is adorable and I love the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, I love the wrong way round canvases, seems to frame it better to me. Great photo of Poppy as always.

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous canvas Sam, and as always Poppy steals the show. You've done yourself and Poppy proud! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your canvas and your Poppy Sam !!! Bravo c'est superbe

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful canvas and what a cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab canvas layout Sam and really shows off Poppy well. One day I shall do a back to front canvas :)
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your scrapping canvas is a genius idea - I don't scrapbook either, but if we can do it this way, I might reconsider! Gorgeous colours, fab texture in the frame - and what a gorgeous dog you have!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poppy is soooo cute, & beautifully framed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beauty Sam, never scrapped before? It's fantastic, love those neutral shades and the texture on the frame. Just want to give Poppy a snuggle now. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x