Wednesday, 28 November 2012

It's in the bag!

This week at Stampotique, the brilliant Jo Capper-Sandon is the host for the latest challenge, and our quest is to 'Wrap it up'. After pondering over this one for a little while, a bit of head scratching and chin rubbing, I decided to decorate a plain white paper bag. I white embossed Giant Snowflake on some card then covered with Broken China distress ink and added Long Splatter for a bit of extra detail in the same coloured ink. Then on some white cotton cloth I stamped the little character from Line Up, Stringed Lights, Two Hearts are better than one and Daniel's Tree Topper Large. I coloured with promarkers and cut out and frayed the edges
For the sentiment, Good things, good thoughts, I stamped it on plain card, coloured with promarkers and then covered with clear double sided sticky tape and added some fine glitter over the top.
I even got my needle and thread out and added stitching details to the edge of the main piece of paper and used the same thread to attach the tag to the handle. Some sticky gems and lots of glitter finished off my bag.
Now the tricky thing is who shall I gift it to or shall I keep it for myself?
Wishing you a wonderful day, Sam xxx

15 comments:

  1. This is one fantastic decorated bag (I'd keep it ;O) Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag! Love the white snowflakes against the blue Distress. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee, how I LOVE that little fabric cat tag, a perrrrfect finishing touch to your gift bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bag, love the litte cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowflakes are my favourite this year Sam and this bag is fabulous with that gorgeous blue and white one. I love the other images you have used too, to create a great project.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so bright and lovely, Sam. I love that cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your fab bag Sam, hope you are feeling a lot better now, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous bag Sam, I'd give it to me if I were you!!!!

    Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab bag Sam, great minds with the monster on the tag!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant Sam. I love it. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous decorated bag Sam.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautifully decorated bag Sam. I would want to keep it in case the recipient decided to 'bin' it :)
    Lynn xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x