Wednesday, 14 November 2012

It's that time of year when . . .

. . . when I vow to learn to take better photos of things with glitter on!
The latest Stampotique challenge is hosted by the lovely Nellie and our quest is to be inspired by nature and use trees, flowers, insects etc in our creations. Of course with Christmas just around the corner,again, I couldn't resist but make a Christmas tree, Stampotique style naturally.
 I started off with a wooden block which I painted icy blue, then using modelling paste and a template I made the raised pattern and covered that with stickles. I'm not very skilled working with wire, but the tree was easy peasy, just a couple of bits of wire twisted together with 3 varying lengths of wire twisted on for the branches. I then painted the wire white and when dry decorated with beads, glitter and mica flakes. I used Christmas Ornaments Cube and Daniel's Tree Topper Small and made simple wire hooks to hang them on the branches.
There really is lots of sparkle and glitter that doesn't show on my pics so please just pretend you can see it and enjoy! It was an easy project to do and was completed in an afternoon, so I hope you give it a try.
 I also hope lots of you join in the challenge, not forgetting that each month 2 lucky people will win a $30 gift certificate to spend on Stampotique stamps! What are you waiting for?
Wishing you a wonderful day, Sam xxx

20 comments:

  1. Wow Sam what a fantastic idea for a tree.
    Absolutely fun and gorgeous.
    Love them.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingenious Sam, such a clever idea and perfectly executed. I just love the stamps you have used.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Love your tree! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, love the addition of the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is gorgeous Sam. Hope you are recovering well from the op. Hugs Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nettie, the op took place on Monday pm so early days yet. Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  6. Wow, that's a brilliant idea, Sam! Both cute and quirky. May I aks how you fixed the tree to the wooden block?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, I made a bit of hole with my pokey tool in the wooden block and then just poked the wire in and reinforced with a bit of super glue and disguised with mica flakes. The 'tree' isn't heavy so it's a strong structure :o) xxx

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous Sam. Such a fab idea x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tree Sam, so original and love the stamps and all the twisted wire work. XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous Sam.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Sam this is absolutely awesome!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow WOW love your tree!!! Absolutely fantastic - just love the quirkyiness of it. Polly x (oh and I feel your pain with glitter!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet tree, Sam! Reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Sam, it's wonderful yet, very awesome and beautiful !!! Have a nice evenining, hugs. Coco

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks amazing Sam, & so clever! I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x