Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Some bunny lives here


I really can't tell you how excited I am to be hosting this weeks challenge at Stamptotique, if I could, I would be jumping up and down with sheer delight, oh happy day!
The challenge I'm setting is for you to use your rubber stamps to make a decorative hanging for your home. I love to embellish my home with the things I make, as our homes reflect who we are and we are all our art and our art is us.
I began with a little wooden house from Happy Daze and made a whole in the centre of the bottom, then covered the whole house with gesso. I then punched out lots of hydrangeas and glued them on. I then applied moulding paste through a stencil on the roof and painted the raised areas pink and put some diamond stickles on the pink bits. I painted the rest of the house with a stone coloured paint and added pink accents to match the roof. Then to the rubber! I stamped Carols Flower Small, Flying Heart and Zara's party on to shrink plastic and coloured with my Prisma Colour pencils. I did change the words on Zara's party to 'Home Sweet Home'. Next came the assembly bit, sticking things where they should go as you can see and adding some sparkly fibres for the dangly bits and pink paper raffia to hang it by.
 I do hope lots of you join in the challenge, not forgetting that each month 2 lucky people will win a $30 gift certificate to spend on Stampotique stamps! What are you waiting for?
Wishing you a magnificent day, Sam xxx

21 comments:

  1. OMG Sam this is te cutest house.
    Soooo darling.
    Love the pretty colors.
    Awesome.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW !!! Your wooden house "home sweet home" is great and so cute !! Love all the ideas you have to embellish it, very clever !... Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cute, I love the home sweet home xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam this is so beautiful. Such a FAB challenge too. Take care Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little house is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want this bunny stamp! Absolutely fab little bunny house - sooo cute. Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would make a darling baby gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rocked this Sam, what a great challenge and an even greater DT sample. I love all the alterations and the colours - great job.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little wooden house, Sam. A great home for that bunny! I've just bought a bird house to decorate - not sure how yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sam, soooooooooooooo cute, the pink bunny in the little house is gorgeous love it to bits. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh I love your gorgeous bunny house Sam, its so adorable. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bunny house, the bunny is so cute.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely and sweet Sam! And pink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is amazing Sam!!! Thanks for hosting such a fun challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore bird houses and this one is delightful Sam and should hang somewhere prominent :)
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x