Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Feeling sentimental about . . .

. . . Summer. I'm temporarily escaping this months festivities and remembering and dreaming back to summer, well the few days of sunshine we had! I managed to collect and press some flowers which I knew would come in handy.  I made this canvas to celebrate the fairies that do indeed live in my garden, my gardener goes round telling them to put their hard hats on when the mower is coming out!, and also for this weeks challenge at Stampotique which is hosted by the very lovely Gez, our quest is to use a sentiment as the focal point in our make, I found this quite a challenge but when I asked my gardener where his eye went to first he said the sentiment, so hopefully I've succeeded!
The Stampotique stamps I used are: Heart Vine, 5 Petaled flower, I can see clearlyJill Penney and Medium Bee for wings.
I do hope you like it!
Wishing you an enchanted day, Sam xxx

15 comments:

  1. Love it! The pressed flowers are so cute! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Sam. Such a refreshing change. I LOVE your canvas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sam, I love the dried flowers. I can't believe you had more than one day of sunshine AND a gardener - that's just greedy lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, I love the pressed flowers and your little tale has made me :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job! thanks for using one of my rubber stamps in your design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab canvas Sam

    Summer looks fab compared to the snow laid on the ground today!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally adorable hanging Sam, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a beautiful summery piece Sam, gorgeous colours and flowers and the sentiment is perfect.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this Sam and we do need to dream of summer in these dark and cold days :) Beautiful pressed flowers too. Of course there are fairies at the bottom of our garden :)
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely Sam! I miss the Summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your art is just so beautiful and bright and really 'cheery' which I can't do no matter how hard I try. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's lovely , Sam! I feel so nostalgic of Summer, ah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful & Summery, love the dried flowers, & the bees wings for the fairy, very creative Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This scene is really wonderful... So lovely and creative !! Quel régal !!! Hugs, Coco x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x