Wednesday, 2 January 2013

How time flies . . .

. . . when you're having fun!
 What could be more fun than altering an Altoid tin and a pink bunny?
This weeks challenge at Stampotique is 'Dear Diary'. I've looked at the challenge theme from a different angle and used a calendar, printed off the net, they're easy to find. Then alas the last Altoid tin I have 'in stock, in other words, in my box of 'things I shall use one day'. I love these tins they are a great size to fit in your handbag and carry around. The sentiment seems so true, often I book appointments etc and think to myself, 'that's ages yet' then in a blink of an eye that date has arrived, maybe it's just that I'm getting older and time seems to be speeding up.
I began by sticking the buttons along the bottom and then painting with a neutral tan colour, I used punches for the hydrangeas and flowers. The text and calendar are printed. The adorable pink bunny is the only stamp used and the bunny, pink flowers and calendar backing paper were all coloured with Prismacolour pencils. To finish off  I painted the sides of the tins in a darker brown.
I do hope you can find time to join in the challenge this week which will enter you into this months Stampotique draw, for all details click here.
Wishing you a very happy, healthy and crafty 2013.
Big hugs, Sam xxx

20 comments:

  1. Sam this is darling.
    So pretty tin. Love it.

    I wish you a Happy and Healthy 2013.
    May all your wishes com true.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Sam - wishing you a Happy and Healthy and Creative one. This is right up my street - colours and image just divine. Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea, Sam - and so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awsome idea! I always try to keep myself organized when it comes about calendars. This is cuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely altered tin. Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! Wishing you a wonderful, sparkly, artycrafty 2013 Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWEET! gosh...I had soooo many tins saved..now, just to find them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, that is too funny!! love that you put it in the altoid tin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Sam - I love your altered tin.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is so funny - made me laugh out loud! so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous idea Sam, as always, love that quote too, it's so true - lol

    Sam xxx

    PS Happy New Year to you and Poppy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super idea Sam, just love it :)
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog - they are much appreciated. A very Happy New Year to you and Poppy
    Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea....Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the truth for sure... I giggle for a minute then realized I need to get to work. lol
    Wishing you to face the brilliance of your most wonderful creations and dwell on your dreams in 2013.
    xx
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sam, this is gorgeous and so so pretty the must have accessory for any girls handbag especially a bunny lover, so cute. X Happy New Year my friend. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful altered tin Sam and you have a bunny project too this week. Love it.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute and wonderful Sam, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute! And that quote is just si funny. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  19. I missed this!! I love it and it's soooo pink!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x