Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Spreading The Love

Just for a change I didn't reach for a canvas or card for this make but instead some old material, just plain white. I began by painting the material with some gesso to enable me to get a crisper stamped image. I then painted with red paint, and stamped Moon Girl's Crow, Hug Enclosed and Spray using black Archival ink. The felt heart was die cut and stitched on with silver thread and the hanging loop was made by stamping Dotted Line again with black Archival ink.
My lovely friend and fellow team mate, Carol,  is setting the challenge theme of 'Spread The Love' this week at Stampotique, check out the blog for details and how you could win $30/ £18 approx to spend at Stampotique!
I know we're spreading the love but I'd rather cupid keeps away from me for a while! 
Wishing you a love filled day, Sam xxx

16 comments:

  1. Sam this is gorgeous.
    Fabulous fabric heart. Love it.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a awesome hanging! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea Sam, it works so well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea Sam, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super looking little wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But Sam, how do you do to be so creative ?... It's always a delight! :) This heart is really beautiful ! And I'm surprised by the quality of black stamping on your white fabric, really good ! At first I thought it was black paint... Great inspiration, must be LOVE Lol! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely hanging Sam. Is that acorn for the crow??LOL
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Sam, great that it is 3D and wonderful on the fabric. The gesso really worked didn't it?
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful and perfect for Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a real beauty, love the pop of red and especially the gorgeous hand sewing, fantastic my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant , Sam. So striking in colours!

    Have a nice weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Sam - a great idea.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sam, this is gorgeous, I love crows and Moon Girl's Crow is especially lovely! I love his stitched on heart, I love all of it :-)

    Thanks for the birthday hint, I would love to send you a card!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x