Wednesday, 27 February 2013

There Are Three Sides To Every Story


It's Wednesday which can mean only one thing!!! Another Stampotique challenge theme, this week our hostess is the lovely Nellie and she is asking us to use at least one triangle in our creation, simple.
The thing is I couldn't just leave it at one so I had to make three. A few weeks ago I got a glass cutter which inspired me to cut some glass squares in half for this particular challenge. I stamped and painted the back of the glass with Floral Swirl and stamped Line Up on shrink plastic and stuck to the front of the triangles. Baby Cthulhu with the fab sentiment 'Friends hold you up when you rest your little wings' are at the top of this lovely little decorative hanging, also made with shrink plastic. All that was needed was some invisible thread and some beads and to finish the triangles is a bit of bling and the edges dunked in some pink embossing powder to smooth off the rough, cut edges.
It's hanging in my window and every now and again when the sun shines, which is a bit rare, it sends little prisms of light around the room.
Hope to see you join in the challenge, don't forget there is the chance to win of $30 worth of Stampotique gift vouchers!
Wishing you a wonderful day, Sam xxx

17 comments:

  1. this is lovely! would be nice to put some pictures for a kiddo room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooow, still a wonderful idea, cutting some glass squares and use them like that !! I love love this new funny and so original creation, love also the little Baby and the sentiment, a true pleasure to start the day !!! :) Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just been catching up with all your lovely art from the past few days Sam! My motivation has been on holiday, but now I'm inspired!
    I love your beautiful sun catcher!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely project Sam. It must look lovely hanging in your window.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you are such a whizz with the glass cutter Sam and am loving your beautiful hanging, Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a good job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty . . . I can just see it hanging in a sunny window :)
    Have a lovely day.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great hanging! Must look smashing in your window. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you give my DH some tips on glass cutting Sam??? LOL. I love this colourful little hanging, so original and colourful.
    Thank you so very much for your lovely comments on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful project with great spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Sam, it must look amazing when the sun catches it x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful project, Samantha! I recognized those triangles as soon as I saw this! ;-) The fun thing about challenges is that you are challenged to create something that never would have exited! How cool is that? The quote you used finds me saying "Uh, huh!" Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute and wonderful Sam! Love the whole idea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning.... Really love it. I could see the sun catching it just right..
    XOXO
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely Sam, I bet it does look fab in your window. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how clever and creative! I love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x