Wednesday, 13 March 2013

One Spaced Out Chick

At Stampotique this week our host R. Maria Sabina is challenging us with a card sketch, please pop over for all the challenge details and the sketch and to find out how you could win a $30 Stampotique gift voucher.
Above is my interpretation of the sketch, I turned it on it's side and then let my imagination run riot. The stars immediately made me think of space, so I first reached for Cheesey Moon, I then hand drew Earth and Mars. The stars are Jo's Star made with shrink plastic. Finally with have one of the new releases Tenticurl and the chick is part of  the fab stamp Don't fence me in, if you don't know this stamp have a look, it's fab!
On my card all the colouring including the background is done using Prisma colour pencils. I finished the card with the Shoot for moon sentiment. My daughter is due to start a new job soon so this will be an ideal card for her, I hope she will like it. I hope you like it too.
Wishing you an out of this world kind of day, Sam xxx

15 comments:

  1. Love your mix of stamps and hand drawn images.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sam, I love your planets! Good luck to your daughter, I hope she enjoys her new job x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great answer for this challenge sam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your card Sam ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. best to your dd on the new job,"moms" are always holding on with their hearts! Love your spaced out card..think I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolll i was searching for the sketch in the image, until i read your explanation! well done! and the wording works so well with the images :)
    good luck to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this . . . so creative and fun.
    Great job!!!
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the chick's name Ziggy Stardust??? Great fun card Sam as always
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just B R I L L I A N T ! And fun, and with such bright colours! Brava, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Sam! Love how you manipulated the sketch! I immediately recognized the "tenticurls" from the new 2013 Stampotique reveal and think you have used it so creatively! Resourceful that you created your card with both stamped images and hand drawing. I wish your daughter well in her new job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very brilliant in all senses, I LOVE it !!! Have a goooood we, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is brilliant Sam.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Sam, the background is lovely and so is the cheesey moon and planets! Hope you and Poppy are having a great weekend, it's rainy and soggy here!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x