Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Sing Your Song

After all of the excitement of last weeks Stampotique blog hop, I'm absolutely thrilled to be the hostess for this weeks challenge, and I'm inviting you to create something using a song as your inspiration, it could be the song title, the message behind the song or just a line of the song that resonates with you.  There is no right there is no wrong it's just the way you sing your song!
Luckily I found a clear CD in my art room and then spotted Poppy fast asleep, her little feet and whiskers twitching, maybe she was dreaming about chasing squirrels or even rabbits and so I thought of Elvis Presley, You Ain't Nuthin but a Hound Dog. I applied some modelling paste through a mask on to the giant wooden peg and then painted it. I then simply went to town with my Stampotique stamps, stamping both the front and back of the CD, some bedazzles for a bit of bling and texture and a shrink plastic never caught rabbit at the bottom. The text is computer generated.
I do hope you like it and I shall be looking for musical makes!
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx



20 comments:

  1. Great project, love the use of the CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very original piece Sam, lovely colours.
    Hugs {Brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fun!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! I'll be humming that all morning now! ;o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely piece with all the stamping front and back. My sister's dog chases squirrels too. If you say squirrel, her ears go up and she starts looking for one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project! Thanks for the challenge Sam! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam I loved this challenge. I will be using this idea in the future. Thank you. Really like your creation. Perfect-!
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous piece of art Sam and love the song title you went with. Great little bun at the bottom too :)
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Sam!

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Poppy and my Jake would have a wonderful time chasing squirrels! Well, at least, Jake chases them in his thoughts from the window!! You have really gone outside the box to create an artful project using a clean CD! (Love how your mind works!) I have created a page already based on a favorite song...thanks for both the inspiration and motivation, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, how adorable is this! Love what you created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable Sam ..Poppy's brother? he he he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If every dog was like Poppy I'd have at least 10!!!

      Delete
    2. Fabulous project and a great way of using the CD.
      xxx Hazel.

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the inspiration....love your creation ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  15. So adorable !!!! And thanks for the challenge Sam, glad to have had enough time to participate again ! ;) Have a very good week-end with Poppy ! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just lovely Sam, your blog posts always brighten my day. Great idea using the clear CD, it looks like stained glass, such a great effect. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x