Sunday, 14 April 2013

A Confession . . .

. . . I have 'a thing' for floppy ears, don't know what it is, I just love 'em. So when I saw this stamp I just fell in love. The bunny is originally flying with just one balloon but I thought with those floppy ears he's going to need a couple more to stabilise himself in a gust of wind. The whole make is on balsa wood, it's one of my favourite substrates at the moment and I love seeing the wood show through, a bit of paint and some modelling paste and it's a little work of art completed in about an hour.
Thanks for looking at my little blog, wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

I've just discovered the theme on Sunday Postcard Art is 'Soar' so linking up!

12 comments:

  1. I'm gonna tell Poppy you're using her toys for scientific experiments....brings new meaning to the expression "Ear today, gone tomorrow". Ray.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I usually shar eyour love for floppy ears, but this bunny is gorgeous - not surprised you fell in love. I do like how you've given him extra buoyancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sam, the bunny is a real cutie, and love the background, myself I like a neatly turned out pair of ears, can't abide big flappy ones (I'm talking the adult kind LOL!)XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this piece Sam! I know I always say it but I will say it again, your use of colours and design always amazes me!! xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor bunny, he is lopsided :) Love his floppy ears and love this piece of art work Sam.
    Hugs to floppy eared Poppy :)
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam, everything about this little piece is whimsical, wonderful and MAGIC!!! I love the story AND the balsa wood!!! Fabulous!!! Thanks for adding this sweet little bunny to this week's SPA challenge! Hugs, Terri ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so sweet!!
    Have a nice start of the week, Sam! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love this one, Samantha! The addition of the extra balloons is pure genius! Great background stencil, too! By the way, did my RAK arrive yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely, thanks for the smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh did this gorgeous masterpiece really only take you and hour - it's stunning and would have taken me days.

    Just so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this too Sam, that bunny is gorgeous!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x