Wednesday, 10 April 2013

April Showers

I'm not sure about April showers, we haven't had rain for more than 2 weeks, however, for our weather inspired makes at Stamptotique this week, our lovely hostess Sarinda is inspiring us with the old saying 'April  showers bring May flowers'. If I shut my eyes I can feel the sun on my skin and the birds are singing but it is just a dream for now. I can't wait for the sun to put on his hat and come out to play.
I have made one of these little altered jars before but they are very sweet, standing only 8cms high. I began by painting the lid with acrylic paint. Then I stamped the lady and the sentiment on shrink plastic, coloured with Prisma colour pencils and shrunk. I glued the lady in the centre of the lid making sure that when the lid was closed she was central to a flat side of the glass. I nearly filled the jar with water, added some super fine glitter and a few drops of glycerin, this makes the water a little thicker and the glitter will float for longer. When happy with the amount of glitter I put the lid on and sealed with silicone glue. To finish off I threaded the sentiment and beads on to some wire and tied around the neck of the jar. The stamps I used are:  Bird Princess and Friends hold you up....
I hope you like it, thanks for looking at my little blog.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

13 comments:

  1. Love the shrunk images to create this conservatory window (well that's what it seems like to me lol).
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heee heee You made her a sun room... LOVE IT-! I could use one just about now. Thanks for sharing your amazing talents.
    xoxo
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Sam, I didn't realise this was glitter in water - it looks amazing and the beaded sentiment is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg..this is too cute! I had to smile when I saw my little bird princess in there! Thank you for using her in your wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! How cool is this?? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful piece of art, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your artistic endeavors seems boundless, Samantha! Love this wee bit of art with the priceless sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sam, how WONDERFUL it is.. A great piece of art, really fabulous !!! Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh bless her she looks lovely amongst the silvery rain showers :) Beautiful Sam
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delicious make... I love how you've captured her in the jar!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the whole idea Sam! Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Sam, I really love it, such a good idea these snow globes, I must try to make one some day!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x