Friday, 5 April 2013

Art from the 'art

I love this fantastic, whimsical stamp from Crafty Individuals, it was just perfect for this ceramic heart I decorated for my daughter Vicky.
I started off by painting it with a pink paint and I let it completely dry, then painted a thin layer of PVA glue all over, and BEFORE the glue dried I painted very carefully with white paint. As the paint and glue dried together the white paint achieved a lovely crackle effect and it was as cheap as chips.
I stamped the fab stamp on tissue paper, painted it on the back side and then applied to the heart using PVA glue then added some iridescent hearts for a bit of sparkle.
The stamp is designed by Alice Palace, which is just a mile from where I live, so I'm certain that this image was inspired by riverside walks in the town, where Poppy and I walk everyday, so it just feels that little bit more personal for me and for Vicky if she gets homesick.
Wishing you a lovely weekend, Sam xxx

15 comments:

  1. Lovely heart Sam. I am sure Vicky will love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Sam! As I am sure your daughter will too! Great crackle effect and I love that you achieved it with just paint and glue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, that's so cute Sam and great effect with the glue and white paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty concoction Sam - well done! I bet your daughter absolutely loves it!
    I'm tempted to do something like this myself as I've seen this technique using PVA glue and paint recently and would love to try it as the effect look brilliant. Could you get the same effect on wood as on ceramic? .... and where did you get the ceramic heart if not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautiful heart Sam and I'm sure your daughter will too.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic and what a gorgeous background, even though it is pink - lol

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty heart Sam and I love using that PVA/paint technique, it crackles beautifully. Have used it on all sorts of surfaces and it works well.
    I bet your daughter will be thrilled with it :)
    Hugs Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, so beautifull!! Hugs from France

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a brilliant background, Samantha! It give the heart strength, but doesn't overpower all the fun stuff in the foreground! My favorite part is that sweet hummingbird! I know your daughter will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello sam, I'm back from Version Scrap in Paris, I've just seen it on CI's blog, so cute heart !!! Love this stamp too. Have a good day, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sam & Poppy, what a beautiful heart, Vicki will love and treasure it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely heart, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this the moment I saw it Sam! The crackle looks fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this Sam! i love the background effect and that stamp is just gorgeous!

    Love to you and Poppy :-)

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet design and fabulous coloring. Delightful! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x