Saturday, 27 April 2013

Fit for a Princess

Here's something very different for me and I'm quite nervous sharing this. Firstly I played with some paper clay, never done that before! Secondly I've used just one stamp, I don't think I've done that before either, I usually use as many as I can on each creation. 
The inspiration for this came one evening after doing the washing up, I usually take my ring off and put it down somewhere even though I wear rubber gloves. One evening I thought I had lost my favourite ring and I just thought that this had to stop as it wasn't the first time. So I go my thinking cap on and came up with this. The paper clay was really easy to use, I painted it when it was completely dry and added some silver leaf and the lovely daisies which are part of the Daisy Daisy stamp. I finished off with a coat of gloss medium for protection.
I hope you like it, Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea Sam and a lovely and functional piece to have near the sink. It would brighten up any room.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea, Sam and it looks fab (I've not used paper clay before either).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous Sam and a great idea, I love the pink and silver and daisy stamp, I've never heard of paper clay never mind used it!

    Hope you and Poppy are having a lovely weekend! Woofs from our doggies :-0

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper clay seems an oxymoron to me, Samantha. I think something should be either paper *or* clay! That said, this turned out beautifully. I love that it is "girly" pink with touches of silver...seems regal somehow! The daisy is the perfect embellishment for a lady! I like your thinking cap/crown, and your right is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work/art is truly wonderful, I really love all you've done/show us here. Keep it up :0) You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Sam and now you know your ring will safe :) Love it - functional but pretty
    Hugs to you and Poppy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. terrific idea Sam and so useful as well, hugs Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea Sam, do you think you could design something for car keys too lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How dinky is this Sam?! What a fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love useful art, & this is just fabulous Sam! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want the same !!!! (For me, bu also for sharing with my twins that certainly would be very jealous if I had one...Lol) Seriously, this tiny crown is really fab, you did a very good work with your Clay material ! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x