Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

 I'm a huge Wizard of Oz fan and was delighted when I saw these Stampotique stamps as I thought they were perfect. Other stamp companies have made Oz stamps but they just weren't to my taste. I had a blank MDF money box hanging around for about 3 years, one of my many, 'I could do loads with that' purchases that was put to one side and forgot about. 
When I showed this money box to my daughter she loved it and instantly claimed it! It fits in really well with the challenge this week at Stampotique which is hosted by the lovely France. France is inviting us to use 3 trimmed/cut out stamps in our creations. I've totally lost count on this one!! At least 25 I think!!
I like to use as many stamps in a creation as I possibly can, it just adds to the layers and fun. I finished this with beeswax to blend all the layers together and make it smell lovely. I had such fun making this I do hope you like it.
The stamps I used are: Stacked Boxes for the Yellow Brick Road. Spray, Scalloped Lace Border, and Seaweed  for details and to frame the main images which are: Toto, Dorothy, Cowardly Lion, Scarecrow and Tinman. The sweet little butterfly in part of Floral Flutter. I almost forgot I also used Art Lives Here and changed the words, silly Scarecrow still looks like he's going the wrong way!
Thanks for visiting my little blog, wishing you a wonderful day, Sam xxx

26 comments:

  1. Love those Oz stamps, Sam, and you have used them spectacularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Sam you've surpassed yourself this time! This is is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours and the background and the way it looks so touchy feely. I hope your daughter strokes it daily lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Sam, you took this challenge to a whole new level: 25 trimmed images! but the box turned out gorgeous, so many details!
    xx
    france
    have a frabjous day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great design using those fabulous stamps I am not surprised it was claimed straight away.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam, this is *FABULOUS*, the stamps are perfectly you, no wonder your daughter snaffled it. Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fun money box is fabulous Sam. I love how you've decorated the sides with those wonderful images.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect box for any child! I LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Sam, there's so much work gone into it. I'm not surprised you lost it straight away!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just such a fun project, Samantha, and it has a beautiful outcome. First, total genius to use the stacked boxes as the Yellow Brick Road! I missed it at first, but then checked out the detail after reading your post! Also, my friend, I did not miss the glitter! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun and lovely, Sam!

    Have a very nice and sunny weekend, you and Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your box is adorable, and isn't it great when you find a use for something you have had hanging in the wings waiting for it's purpose :)
    Have a great day.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic project Sam. I loved these stamps when they were released and you have made me love them more. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. And if I had seen it first I would have claimed it :) Love it Sam.
    Hugs to you and Poppy
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sam, you did a marvelous job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sam!! This is awesome! You have outdone yourself yet again!!! xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really gorgeous Sam, I love those stamps and how you've used them, no wonder your daughter claimed it!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great Sam , real fun!! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. adorable Sam! I'd probubly snag it from you too! lol

    ReplyDelete

  19. This is stupendous - it oozes such fun, joy, happiness, and the colours are stunning - I'm sure that your daughter will be very tempted to put her spare 'pennies' in it every time she sees it - I know that I would.

    Hmmm wonder where I can get a money box blank from - I'll do a search.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just awesome! I love it Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow again - this is really wonderful Sam. Fabulous crafting and design! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  22. And last but not least, I love love love this money box, with so many wonderful stamped images on all faces and small details.... Fabulous artwork, it contains all what I LOVE !!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sam,
    Love your work, beautiful.. And this money boxis fantasti!
    Xoxo, Mónica

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love, love the money box! Love your work, beautiful!
    Xoxo Mónica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x