Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Hanging around

I may have mentioned this before but Turquoise and Pink are one of my favourite colour combinations, they are simply gorgeous together. One of my favourite things to work on at the moment is wood, it's smooth yet can take lots of abuse. This weeks challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge blog is hosted by fellow team mate Polly and she is inviting us to use turquoise and pink so I couldn't resist!
For this decorative hanging I've used balsa wood, I hope you like it. The stamps I used are: Moon Girl's Crow, Splatter Long, Bow Heart and Carol's flower.
I shall be looking at your entries if you do join in the fun and can't wait to see what you do with turquoise and pink!
Wishing you a fab day, Sam xxx

20 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, Sam. He's a cute looking crow too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried painting on balsa, wood yes but never balsa and am loving your results, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this Sam - it's as simple as that!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have used an unexpected combination of stamps here, Samantha, but, boy!, do they work well together! The challenge colors and background stamps serve to "soften" Moon Girl's Crow--especially with that Bow Heart in his beak! I also did not miss that pink eyelets! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful project, love the colors and the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Sam, fabulosa colour combination and I love that splatter stamp. Enjoy the sunshine with Poppy :)
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Sam - this is just so adorable - never thought of using balsa either (will do now though ;O) Love love love your creation. Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really lovely Sam, especially the way the wood shows through xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the contrast between the elements you worked with, makes a gorgeous piece! and now... i. need. that. bird!!! ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Sam, the contrast of the blackbird is stunning.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous background and combo, Sam, you're right!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This really made me smile Sam...it's just perfectly lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just perfect Sam, absolutely PERFECT. And so, so beautiful !!!!!!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Sam, I love that crow, well I love all crows and the turquoise and pink look lovely together!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Balsa wood looks like a great base for stamping, the aqua and pink really make the black bird stand out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x