Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Stick it to me!

I love making things to embellish my home and if they are personal I love them even more. Regular visitors to my blog will probably be familiar with Poppy, my fur baby. She's adorable and brings with her so much love and joy. Each day whilst on a walk she will find a stick and bring it home, when we get home she will leave the stick by the gate.
One morning last week I thought it be nice to make something with one of Poppy's sticks. Poppy joins me in my art room and she really did have a puzzled look on her face when she saw a stick among my stamps. Inspiration for the wire work came from Pinterest but I couldn't resist making it personal with Stampotique stamps. Which fits in nicely with this weeks challenge at Stampotique which is hosted by our Team Captain Kim. The theme for the challenge is 'Anything Goes', so it's a great opportunity to really go wild with your imagination and art materials and have lots of fun.
Poppy and I really hope you like it!
Thanks for looking and we wish you a wonderful day xxx

21 comments:

  1. Really fun piece. Now let's hope Poppy will leave this stick alone ;-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing wire work on this, Sam, and I love how it has a personal story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this hanger and it's wonderful you used on of Poppys stick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Sam, lovely idea to use Poppy's stick, this must lovely hanging up in your house!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooooo adorable Sam. You & Poppy make a GREAT team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely adorable Sam! Love it so much! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Sam, it's so original. I can just imagine Poppy with those sticks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh love love love your gorgeous hanging Sam. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have a "super dog," Samantha, so understand the emotion in making something beautiful out of a *stick* collected by Poppy--which she, undoubtedly, thought was beautiful and worth collecting! You have so creatively used these stamps to create something that mimics your life! It is indeed special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design Sam, love the wire shape and of course Poppy's stick.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute !!! A pure delight, and your text compostion is very clever.... LOVE ALL !! Poppy is a great muse !! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, how awesome is this??? So creative, love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable Sam and very personal so it means something very special to you (and Poppy of course). Our dog used to collect sticks when we went out walking :)Love the wirework of your hanging. Hope Poppy gave it her seal of approval lol.
    Hugs to you both
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Sam - a real Sam and Poppy piece - I have visions of Poppy carrying this around the house now :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sam, oooh just love this, what a fab piece of crafting, totally unique and a lovely way to honour Poppy's gifts to you, now I wonder how you have attached your figures to the stick! hugs to you and Poppy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this lots Sam - it's fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is fab!!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a geniuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!! :-)

    Have a nice and warm weekend you and sweet Poppy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x