Wednesday, 8 May 2013

The sun has finally got his hat on!!

After what seems like 18 months of winter, the sun has come out to play, yesterday I saw the first ducklings of the year and I heard a cuckoo, the trees are covered in lovely blossom and the world just seems to be a nicer place. All of which is quite appropriate because fellow team mate and friend Carol is our hostess with the mostess this week at Stampotique and she is inviting us to make a summery item.
I've chosen to work with balsa wood again this week and just for a change used one stamp, Under the Parapluie. I love this stamp and I'm hoping the colours I used and the big blossom suggest summer time. I achieved this by painting around the outside  but not all the way around so some of the wood shows through. I then applied modelling paste over the central part, stamped, coloured and added the sticky gems and flower. I really hope you like it.
Thanks so much for visiting my little blog, I hope the sun is shining for you where ever you may be, Sam xxx

19 comments:

  1. Yay for the sun!! Gorgeous little work of art Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful, Sam. Love the pink and yellow. Shame the sun has put his rain hat on today (bah).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep pull out the shade. Sam I love your background.
    Xoxo
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ehehh and the family needs some shelter!
    Lovely cute and so bright, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this stamp Sam, this is definitely summery.
    hugs {Brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving your work on wood too! It's gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunshine and cloud with some rain for us today Sam, at least I got the lawns cut yesterday :)
    Your piece of art is adorable, just love it and all the fab colours - very uplifting :)
    Hugs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Sam, I love your colours, reminds me of hot days and ice cream :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Sam, the colours you've used look lovely together and yes it does suggest summer time :-)

    Hope you and Poppy are well.

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a brilliant project Sam, I love the image and the colours are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love your sun, Samantha! Of course, the stamp is great, too, and is so beautifully colored, but, still, for me, this one is all about the sun! Thanks for this peek at the summer to come!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nostalgic colours, makes me think of summer ice cream cones

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely scene Sam ! I love this brilliant yellow color too and the way you put here and there touch of colors but without recovering all the wood... Gorgeous !! And no, unfortunately today the sun doesn't shine yet at home in France boo, but I hope it will come soon at least in the afternoon as I have a lot of planting to do in my garden !! Have a lovely Sunday, hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was drawn by the pastel colors. I've just started using modeling paste. How did you get it smooth enough to stamp on it? Was it a thin layer? Is the paint you used acrylic? Sorry for all the questions! LOL Trying to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x