Wednesday, 26 June 2013

A New Adventure . . .

This weeks challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog is hosted by the lovely Sarinda, the theme is New Adventures, hoping you can join in the fun!
I am most definitely a creature of habit and although I find adventures exciting they are also quite scary at times!! Life can be scary at times as I've been finding out once again recently, but in a good way. To celebrate I made the above canvas and as a creature of habit I reached for Moon Girl, she is symbolic of me most times I use her, just love her! I began by gluing some patterned papers on the bottom 2 thirds of the canvas and then painted over the top leaving some of the pattern to show through. The heart, Little Bird, Moon Girl, Floral Swirl and the Stacked Suitcases were all stamped on card, coloured with some Derwent water pencils. I finished with a thin layer of beeswax to seal and embedded some glitter and hearts for a bit of sparkle.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

19 comments:

  1. A fabulous project, great colors and images. Love the use of the Beeswax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I think the colours are wonderful..
    Hope you have a nice day too ! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sam WOw.... you nailed it. xoxo. Yeah for the bees wax.
    Truly lovely.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous Sam, I love the bright colours, and lovely to see Moon girl too!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow, this is so utterly gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous canvas Sam. Loving the summery colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A most beautiful canvas that is in tune with your new life adventure Sam:) Just love the suitcase stamp! And of course ever faithful Moon Girl. All in all it is fab. What paints did you use for the background?
    Love and hugs Lynn xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great canvas, love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your beautiful canvas Sam, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Sam, love the background and depth you have created and moon girl looks ready for anything perched on the pile of cases.
    Happy adventures.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks wonderful perched atop her cases (who'd have thought such a little thing could have so much luggage!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stunning , Sam. Love the colours and the way you used your fave stamp, it's always a new adventure, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning canvas Sam! I love the colours & Moon Girl looks fab as usual! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the layers on this canvas, Samantha! Thanks for sharing the process with us--especially that beeswax "frosting," which gives the canvas such a nice shine! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. for someone who likes habits, you certainly were inspired by this challenge. what a gorgeous piece! love it :)))

    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really gorgeous canvas, I love the mix of brilliant colours and patterned papers you used wow !! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. sweet Sam- I think I "need" moon girl now :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. An absolutely fabulous canvas, I love all the colours and the lovely moon girl.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x