Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Have biscuits . . . Enjoy Life!

 We have a wonderful challenge theme this week at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog and our lovely hostess is Nellie. Nellie is inviting us to make anything we like but not a card which opens up a whole world of canvasses other than card and paper. My favourite alternative to card at the moment is wood so with Poppy as my muse I decorated a little box, it's 6cm x 6cm. I stamped directly on to the box using Daniel's Hearts, Tulip and Enjoy Life! stamps. I stamped lightly using brown archival ink. Then using Prisma colour pencils I went over the stamped image, this gives a hand drawn sketchy look, and coloured in. I then covered the box with beeswax and distressed in my usual way.

I love how it turned out, Poppy did too, but I think she appreciated it even more when I put some of her favourite treats in!!

Don't forget that just for taking part in the challenge you are in with a chance of winning $30 so spend at Stampotique!

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! What a fabulous project!!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your philosopy, Sam...biscuits...mmmm (not dog biscuits though lol) and your wonderful little wooden box. I'm not surprised Poppy likes it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Poppy, such a fabulous box and doggy treats too.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sam, I love the dog's eyes and the colours you've used, and no wonder Poppy likes it too!

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the look you got Sam, it just melt beautifully with the wood. But I think Poppy apprecciated more the inner side!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this treat box you have created for Poppy! You have chosen the perfect stamps and they worked so well. I have a gazillion wood cigar boxes and you have inspired me to do something with one of them! Thanks for the inspiration and for thinking both inside and outside of "the box"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Sam, and I can see why Poppy would love it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for a box. Has Poppy worked out how to open it yet?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous little box, just perfect for Poppy's treats! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you know I love, LOVE it !!! Bigs hugs to Poppy :) hmm... and also to you Sam hee hee !! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, too cute... I should think Poppy's very happy with that!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I know 3 other doggies who would love to stick their nose in this box :-) It is wonderful Sam and I love the whole idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect treat box. I can see poppy circling that box xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x