Wednesday, 12 June 2013

I love cats too!!!

Sssh don't tell Poppy, before she came in to my life I loved 3 cats, they were all completely adorable and full of love, like Poppy I guess but quieter! They were called George, Tom and Jack and they will always have a special place in my heart, I made the above canvas to think of them and I love the wire 'whiskers' on the heart. I even made a paper bead for the wire hanging!
I used the following Stampotique stamps:  Daniel's Hearts, Floral Flutter, Daisy Daisy and Feline.
Wishing you a love filled day, Sam xxx

If you know any faux metal techniques be sure to check out the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog where this week our hostess is Maria

15 comments:

  1. So cute, love that heart with its whiskers.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see cats getting a look-in, Sam :-) This is fabulous! I love the sentiment (it's 4 cats in my case) and the wirework is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun canvas Sam, I love that heart xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Sam, I love the wire heart and the beaded hanging, the colour combination is gorgeous too.

    Hoope you and Poppy are having a lovely week :-)

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty hanging Sam, great cat. Hugs Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hanging is stunning, the sentences and your words, just beautiful. Ok, we won't tell Poppy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this Sam. We've always had cats ever since I was a child - I've just gone down memory lane and have counted 11 to be remembered.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! Love the wire heart Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This canvas is a wonderful tribute to your three felines, Samantha. I, too, am a cat person with a dog, so I just love this! Great combination of stamps and elements for this piece. P.S. I won't mention this to Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cats too and this is a super hanging. Love the wire 'whiskers' :)
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Que c'est beau...." !!! i.e. How BEAUTIFUL it is... !!! Don't worry about faux metal techniques Sam if you didn't want to do or had time to play with, your true heart in metal and your canvas are just fantastic !!! Love it. Happy week-end, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sam, loving your gorgeous cat hanging, I'm sure Poppy loves it too, never had a cat, only bunnies, guineas & Dylan the dog. Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful piece Sam! Love the way you made the heart

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!!!! Love the wire detail!!! Hugs Juls x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x