Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's an envelope!

The very lovely Valerie is our host this week at Stampotique and she is challenging us all to make something with an envelope, a great challenge!! I decided to stay true to the envelope and I love all things with wings so immediately thought of air mail and what better way to send a hug?
 I made the envelope using an ATC envelope template, and left it plain white. The wings are butterfly wings using Large Butterfly. For a bit more pinkness, I love pink, I added the hearts from Heart Flowers. I love the sentiment Hug Enclosed!, it's a stamp I go back to time and time again. The envelope and wings are finished in beeswax and a heart stamped in to the wax and the whole piece distressed by scratching into the wax and applying oil paint and buffing off the excess. The beeswax gives a lovely creamy colour too.
I look forward to seeing your creations and don't forget just for joining in you are in with a chance to win $30 Stampotique Gift Voucher!
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sam, I've wondered how you get your lovely 'scratch' look, and now I know! Hope you and the Popster have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous idea and a fabulous envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly amazed at how your creative brain works, Samantha! I just made a "writer's journal" for a swap, and I had to buy a block of beeswax for coating the linen thread that I used for the binding. Now, I have another use for that beeswax!!! Your envelope has been absolutely transformed by your process, and I love it!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful same. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous way to use the envelope Sam.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wings and I LOVE LETTERS! this is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sam and Poppy, love your gorgeous beeswaxed envelope, so cool and I agree that sentiment is just lovely. Have a great evening and big hugs to Poppy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Airmail :) I love your puns! This is a brilaint piece of art and a great way to send hugs :)
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Sam - a great idea.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant!!! I love it Sam! The title made me smile too :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project once again, I love your flying envie and the hugs enclosed is just perfect !!! Hugs, coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol at your title! such a cute piece, Sam, it will make any recipient smile!
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous creation Sam, I love the wings and it must smell lovely!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x