Saturday, 1 June 2013

To Top It Off!

As well as a warm kettle I love a cool bitter shandy and have been collecting bottle tops along the way, I've never really tried bottle top art so thought I'd give it a go. I'm glad I did as this is a lovely fridge magnet.
I flattened the bottle top by putting it through my cuttlebug then I stamped Daniel's Hearts on some white card, punched out the circle and coloured. I then stamped Toto on some shrink plastic and coloured using Prisma Colour pencils. I glued it all in place, added a bit of bling around the outside and sealed it all in gloss accents. A little magnet on the back makes it a fridge magnet.Little and cute, just like Poppy.
Have a lovely weekend I believe the sun has got it's hat on and is coming out to play! Sam xxx

9 comments:

  1. so cute.......yep you are going to be hooked on bottle cap art....lol Annette x


    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely cute and beautifully made.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute ! I love love it Sam !!! and thank you for the good idea of using your cuttlebug to flatten the bottle top, I would never have thought to do it ! Happy Sunday, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful fridge magnet Sam and I bet Poppy loves it too.
    Hugs Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous fridge magnet.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comment, Sam. The cap is very cute and I know the sun is still shining on England. All the week I think, so, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Sam, such a great way to use up bottle tops, I could use my cider tops to make one of these, and a while ago I did some shrink plastic moon girls I've been wondering what to do with, oooh you've given me ideas now!

    Love, Rose xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x