Sunday, 14 July 2013

Life can be like sailing . . .

I found the above saying on Pinterest and was immediately inspired to use it for one of my Suzi Blu girl stamps. I challenged myself to use different colours, quite dark stormy colours. I used a stencil for the back ground, painting through the stencil  for the bottom half of the background and then painting the stencil and printing with it to get the top half of the background, something I'm definitely do again as it takes your eye in around the background although the girl is standing out. The heart stamp is one I'm using all the time, it's from Stamptotique. I finished the whole piece with beeswax after adding some glitter and sparkle. I just hope it doesn't melt, it's almost 40degrees at the moment!
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. Beautifully designed and made. Love that you've added beeswax to it.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I think this is my top favourite of all your canvases Sam, fab work, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a sailor I know about adjusting your sails, but it is something we need to learn to do on land, too :)
    Come visit and get in on my $25 Amazon.com gift card Give-A-Way (good all over the world).
    All you have to do is follow me and leave a comment and since you are a follower already, just say, "Hi!" and your name is in the hat :)
    Have a great week, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam, how beautiful, I do love the moody atmospheric colours, and what a fab quote. Always love your Suzi canvases. Love to you & Poppy from Dylan and me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration Sam, really wonderful for my eyes !!! I keep in mind your method for stencilling your background, really nice effect indeed ! Good evening, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a both beautiful and inspiring piece of artwork, Samantha! You have created almost a dream state with that gorgeous background, and I love it. Amazing that such a powerful background stays...well, in the background, allowing your delicate Suzi Blue Girl stamp and the sentiment to be the focus! Well choreographed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful and a lovely sentiment too :)
    Hugs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x