Saturday, 6 July 2013

Shine your light

Each and every month I send a postcard to a lovely, lovely lady in Arizona, USA. Last month I sent this one using some Stampotique stamps and computer generated text. I began by distress inking the background with brown and blue, a great colour combination then it just seemed to take on a mind of it's own. I used the Spray stamp with bleach to get the white pattern. The other stamps used are: Scalloped Lace Border, Owl Tree  upside down so they look like bats and Candle. I added a little glitter and some shiny stars and finished the whole thing with a coat of beeswax, because of the heat they have been having in Arizona it had melted and stuck to another piece of mail! I think it's a nice postcard also to remember the brave firefighters who lost their lives, I lit a candle for them.
Hope you like it, wishing you a lovely weekend, Sam xxx

10 comments:

  1. Wow - I think you DO make beautiful things already, Sam - this is so gorgeous... the inky background is fab and how you've done the sentiment is just wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'bats' and the fantastic quote - a wonderfully creative postcard, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this quote, Samantha! So very true! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really nice card Sam, and I love how you used the Spray stamp with bleach to give light to the candles !!! Have a lovely week-end Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Sam, I'm sure the lady loved it, and what a lovely idea to send a postcard every month :-)

    Hope you and Poppy are having a lovely weekend and enjoying the sunshine!

    Love, Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely postcard Sam and a wonderful thought too for the firefighters that lost their lives. Always knew what a warm and generus hearted person you are :)
    Love and hugs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful piece of art Sam and dedicated to an amazing group of people in public service. I really love this.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful piece, & a great tribute to those brave fire fighters! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous piece of art, great saying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful postcard, I love the quote.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x