Sunday, 4 August 2013

Bunny and Beeswax

It's no secret I love making and sending postcards and here's one I made for this months swap that I organise at UKStampers. The theme I chose for this month is 'Art Without Words'. I love art journalling and art with words but sometimes I just think it's nice to not have words it leaves the eye free to enjoy the image. I layered up various handmade papers and stamped the bunny on some material I then covered the whole thing with beeswax for protection and it smudged, I think I used the wrong ink! I then stamped in the wax whilst it was still soft and distressed in the usual way. 
Thanks for looking. Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

7 comments:

  1. A fabulous waxy creation Sam, I really must get mine out and use.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you rescued it - gives a really unique look. Bet the postman will be sniffing the beeswax on his rounds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful piece of art. Great use of the beeswax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Sam, I like the smudginess around the rabbit!

    Hope you and Poppy are well and enjoying the summer!

    Love, Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great postcard, Samantha! I just love "the bunny" and all her represents--even without words! This will be well received in the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love that bunny! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous postcard, I love the smudged bunny.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x