Wednesday, 21 August 2013

I do . . .

. . . Weddings is this weeks theme at Stampotique and here is what the lovely hostess R.Maria Sabina has to say:

 'Summer is the perfect season for weddings and special events. I personally don't like weddings so much. But I do enjoy making wedding cards and other handmade items. My challenge for you this weeks is: WEDDING! Create a card, layout, favor, anything you want'

Personally I wanted to keep away from hearts and love etc,  like our hostess I don't like weddings either so I thought Heart Throb would be perfect for this challenge! I began with some balsa wood and chose three colours, I didn't cover all the wood as I like a little to show through. I painted the edges and then used some modelling paste to add some texture for the background. Then I added the diamonds with a stencil and glued Heart Throb in place. Now all I have to do is find someone who is getting married and give as a gift!! It could be personalised with the date and time etc....
Hope you like it and find time to join in the challenge with us, there is the chance to win a $30 Stampotique voucher.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx




 

14 comments:

  1. You're always so ironic, Sam!

    Yeah...it could be a wedding card!! A funny, inventive, wedding card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've said it before Sam but I love the way your creative mind goes off at a tangent when designing around a theme, so original and clever. I love this fun piece.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a clever wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the use of the paint on this, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this, my favourite so far this week. He is so cute. Great work, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! I love it Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The paint effects are gorgeous on this Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quirky way your mind works Sam :) Heart Throb's 'I Do' almost seems a threat :D Love it.
    Hugs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heart Throb is perfect as the groom, Samantha! Too much attention on the bride, so I like this groom card! ;-) Also love that you have left some of the balsa "naked" as it is a good foundation! You are an innovative creator, Sam--likely with Poppy's help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fab Sam, I love the way the wood shows through. We're not a very romantic lot are we lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha, I love this !!! Great gift I think, although you probably can not offer it to everybody Lol ! :) Bigs hugs to u and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like we were inspired by the same words ;)))
    love your take on it!
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful idea Sam and I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x