Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Shades of Purple, Orange and Yellow . . .

. . . is the theme chosen by team mate Jane this week for the new challenge at Stampotique Designers Blog. I started off with an empty Tuna tin and a little wooden house which sits neatly inside the tin, I then reached for some favourite stamps: Floral Swirl for the detail inside the tin. Tulip for the dog and flower. Daisy Daisy to decorate the house and Stack of Birds for the cheeky chap perched on the roof.


I love this colour combination and will definitely use it again, I like the dimension of this project too and it's recycling which is always good news for the planet and the Tuna chunks were Dolphin friendly of course!


I do hope you like it and find time to join in the challenge, you may even win a $30 gift certificate to spend at Stampotique.


Thanks for looking. Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

15 comments:

  1. The words bright and beautiful immediately came to mind Sam, love the stamping and the recycled elements.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant use of a tuna can! I love the feet. And inside is just so lovely. Agree about the colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Sam, who would think it's a tuna can?!! Brilliant and fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this! Big smile from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohmy!! Love love this idea!! And the colours and your sweet Poppy ( for me it's always Poppy) on the front. Brava brava brava, Sam!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam... Wonderful creation. You cleaver girl. xoxo
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bright colours, & I love the dice feet on the tin...very clever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet and wonderul, love the whole idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you brain works, Samantha! This is just such an out-of-the-box project that my head is spinning. Just brilliant use of that tuna can and Jane's color challenge! I just love those tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a wonderful idea, great altered tin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the contrast between the very detailed inside and... the natural outside of the tuna can!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great use of a tuna can, I love the colours, a brilliant creation.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is fabulous Sam, love the recycling even the dice :) What a swwet little house too - would love to know where that came from. Love the colour combination and how yo have composed this. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs to you and Poppy, Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x