Thursday, 12 September 2013

Trying something new . . .

. . . can be a little trial and error, and I have to admit this didn't go quite to plan, the poor little chaps feet came off and so did some of his fluffy head feathers and his had a small part of his face missing, however the triple embossing made his wing feathers and eyes look ace. That's what I love about trying something new, for me I would probably only use this method with larger less detailed stamps in future, so I've learned something new. I made this ATC for the latest challenge at Stampotique so please try something new and join in the fun here.
For the background I used Spidergrass and I used 2 of the new releases, Owlseeyou and I'm learning to fly.
Thanks for looking at my little blog, Sam xxx

9 comments:

  1. I recently heard that the new perfection is imperfection, so you are right in style, Samantha! Since the Owlseeyou stamp is new, I wouldn't have guessed that he wasn't perfect just as he is! ;-) I love your clever ATCs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may be a little battered but he's still cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little owl Sam and huge congratulations on your wonderful news. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The owl is still lovely even without his feet. Great ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is adorable, it's great to play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So what wonderful news are you keeping (almost) secret then Sam??
    Love this fab little ATC and the owl is lovely even if he is missing a part or two, the twine neatly covers up the fact that his feet are missing anyway. Fab background too!
    Many thanks for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments, much appreciated.
    Hope Poppy isn't leaving too many muddy pawprints around, hugs to you both
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Sam, I love the little tattered owl.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For me it's almost perfect. The background is stunning and so bright, the owl it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Sam, despite his missing bits, gives him more character! i love the background too.

    Love, Rose xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x